New Wedding Dress Collections
New Wedding Dress Collections that Will Blow Your Mind
While it is spring in South Africa, it is autumn in the USA and Europe, and we are always lucky to have a preview to whatever is on offer ahead of time when it comes to autumn or winter trends. When it comes to bridal wear, the trends actually don’t differ as much as normal fashion does, and often you will find an autumn wedding with a bride wearing a strapless dress, because the climate here in South Africa is so good.
That being said, it is always a good thing to check out the new wedding dress collections from Europe and the USA, as they tend to influence the South African market quite significantly.
• Floaty skirts: Anything that flows and billows in the breeze is now big news. An ethereal vibe is created with flowy fabrics, such as organza, chiffon or tulle, and the skirts are romantic, long and wide.
• Off-the-shoulder sleeves: Sultry necklines with shoulder skimming sleeves are seen on catwalks everywhere. The glamour and romance of the Bardot dress is evident here, and while shoulders are exposed, they are still modestly covered at the arms.
• 3D embellishments: This is a trend that started in spring and has continued right through the seasons to the new wedding dress collections of the fall. Florals are particularly popular, and flower petals and leafy designs put a really great spin on the usual dress details. Whether they are embellished on the skirt, on the sleeves or around the neckline, these designs add a lot of texture and great dimension to any wedding dress.
• Detachable skirts: A really practical solution for someone who wants to wear the traditional wedding dress during the ceremony and then wants to slip into a slinkier version for the reception. Long skirts are attached over a shorter version and they provide an opportunity for a flawless change of silhouette that allows the bride the luxury of not heaving a heavy skirt around while dancing.
• Soft sleeves: This homage to vintage-inspired styles provides the perfect look and complements the shape of the upper body. Very light and delicate fabrics, such as chiffon, silk or lace, bring a flirtation to this style of sleeve that creates a particularly dainty look.
• Pink dresses: Another trend that made it through a few seasons is to wear colour instead of the traditional white or ivory. At the start of the trend, the shades of pink ranged from a wild magenta to merely a blush, and the fall trends tend to focus on light rose colours to add romance and depth to the look. This is perfect for brides who love the traditional look but want to add a little trendy detail, and vintage-style dresses look just perfect in a light blushed rose!
If you want to see some of the new wedding dress collections that are currently available in South Africa, give our team at Timeless Bridal Couture a call! We will be more than happy to help you find the perfect bridal gown.