Find Your Perfect Wedding Dress
How to Find Your Perfect Wedding Dress – Some Dos and Don’ts
If you are looking for the perfect wedding dress, you may initially feel a bit bewildered by the bridal world out there. You will suddenly find yourself immersed in a world that you don’t know much about – one that is filled with different fabrics, styles, designs and trends, which can be a little daunting. If you are feeling pressurised and stressed about where to find your perfect wedding dress, we have some expert advice about the dos and don’ts of finding wedding dresses, so stress less and read on, and we will help you to find the perfect wedding dress for your perfect day.
- DON’T schedule your bridal boutique appointments or fittings late in the day. If possible, do it on a day of leisure, such as over a weekend, or take a morning off and go as early as possible. This means that you will be more energetic. You will not be tired out by a long day at work and will therefore be at your best.
- DO focus on the best silhouette for your body type first. A good bridal consultant should be able to provide advice on this. Details are crucial and can mean the difference between an “okay” wedding dress and a spectacular one. Figure out which silhouette will work best with the occasion and your body type, and then find your perfect wedding dress to flatter your figure.
- DON’T overlook the top of the dress. Know that the people will focus on the top of your dress, and also the back. This is why certain details cannot be overlooked. While it is lovely to have a beautiful skirt with a detailed hem, keep in mind that your wedding photos are most likely going to show you from the waist up. Ensure that the neckline and the back are well made and carry sufficient details.
- DO stick with classic styles. Even if you are a follower of new trends and fashions, don’t choose a wedding dress that is obviously trendy. Classic, timeless styles are better and will still look good in 20 years’ time when you look at your wedding photos.
- DON’T try on absolutely everything. It can be exhausting to try on too many dresses and may leave you feeling indecisive and jaded. As stated before, focus on the silhouette that you really want and try on dresses with this silhouette first. A good bridal consultant should also be able to provide advice about styles that will suit you, and be able to help you find the perfect wedding dress from their collections.
- DO leave a large audience at home. Taking too many people with you will be confusing if they cannot decide on which dress suits you the best. They may choose according to their tastes and not yours, so remember that taking just one or two people, or even going to a fitting alone, is better.
If you want to find your perfect wedding dress, contact our experienced team at Timeless Bridal Couture for a consultation today!