Designer Wedding Dresses in Pretoria
Common Mistakes to Avoid When Choosing Designer Wedding Dresses in Pretoria
If you live in Gauteng and you are looking for designer wedding dresses in Pretoria, you will have a lot of boutiques and bridal dress shops to choose from. It is, however, important to find the one that will meet your needs the best, and will be able to help you find the perfect dress. They should also know about the common mistakes brides make and should be able to advise you on these. We have listed some of them for you below, but remember – there are lots more! So, ask your wedding consultant questions in order to make a well-informed decision.
• Unfamiliarity with the terminology: The wedding industry has a complete lexicon of its own, and if you don’t know your terminology, you may fall short. There are a lot of websites that explain the terminology, so that you can tell your trumpet from an empire waist and a fishtail. This will make it a lot easier to understand what the consultants say and to communicate your particular needs with them. Get to know your fabrics, necklines, skirts and silhouettes, and you will be much better off!
• Buying the dress first: Usually, the first thing a bride thinks about is the dress, as it is natural to want to start shopping for dresses the moment that the ring is on your finger. Remember that the venue and the dress have to work together, and the venue sets the tone for the wedding. This means that it is much better to secure the venue first, and then to buy a dress. If you rush out and buy a dress for the summer, but can only get your perfect wedding venue in the winter, you won’t be able to wear the dress! By the same token, if the venue is informal and you bought a formal dress, it will look out of place. So, remember to secure the venue first, before rushing out to buy a dress.
• Forgetting about lingerie: Lingerie is incredibly important and you have to factor in the right underwear that will complement the dress and not detract from it. You have to take time to discuss the type of underwear you will need with the consultant, and during the fitting process, it helps to take a variety of underwear with you to try on during the consultation to see what works with the dress. Also, remember that you will be in a private, intimate space with the consultant during fittings, and will probably spend a lot of time in your underwear, so wear something that you don’t mind being seen in during your fittings.
• Accessorising too soon: It is very tempting to get out there and buy that tiara or those shoes when you fall in love with them, but you simply have to wait with the accessories until after you have bought your dress, in order to ensure that they work together. The accessories have to support the look of the dress, not overpower it.
• Dismissing the advice of the consultant: Bridal consultants tend to be very knowledgeable about the wedding industry and can offer very valuable advice, so don’t dismiss them outright. Go into your fittings with an open mind and listen to the advice given. A good consultant will also never force you into anything; they will merely act as guides to help you find your dress.
If you are looking for designer wedding dresses in Pretoria, make an appointment with us today. You will be so glad you did!