Designer Wedding Dresses
5 Important Things We’ve Learnt in Our Years of Selling Designer Wedding Dresses
We opened our business after realising that there was a gap in the market for a bridal boutique that sells designer wedding dresses to a diverse and discerning clientele. Wedding dresses are expensive and spending a large amount of money on a dress that is about to become your most important dress that you will ever wear can be very disconcerting. As a result, prospective brides often find themselves bewildered in a world of fabrics, styles and designs that they are not accustomed to.
Because we always strive to provide our clients with exceptional wedding dresses in an intimate and relaxed environment, we have won many of them over with our friendly service and our knowledge of our product ranges. For those who are embarking on the wedding journey, here are some of the things we have learnt through experience.
1. Don’t plan the wedding around the dress: It is essential that you consider the occasion and location first. Is it going to be a small, intimate winter wedding or a spectacular summer wedding with 500 guests? Plan the wedding first and then work backwards towards the most suitable dress for the occasion and environment.
2. Accessorise properly: When it comes to accessories for designer wedding dresses, less is more. The dress will determine which accessories you need and what you should do with your hair. If the dress is heavily adorned, choose dainty earrings and a subtle hairstyle. Usually small, delicate pieces are best for necklines.
3. Know your designers: You have to have an idea of which designers you like. If you don’t and the bridal world out there seems a bit foreign, you need some help. Contact your favourite bridal boutique, such as Timeless Bridal Couture, and make an appointment with people who know the trade. This will help you to make an informed decision and find a dress that perfectly complements you, your body type and your personality. Modern designers come up with some really attractive designer wedding dresses that are more than just ready-to-wear designs, they also realise that the dress should convey a mood and emotion, and that there are many to choose from.
4. Stay within budget: Be realistic and honest about how much you can afford to pay when relaying this information to your wedding dress consultant. Also keep in mind that you pay for what you get. The quality of the materials used and the workmanship performed are reflected in the price of the dress.
5. Fittings should be done close to the wedding: Remember that you are very likely to lose (or gain) weight during the months before the wedding. Have your fittings as close to the wedding as possible. This means that you have a better chance of the dress fitting your body perfectly.
If you need some more advice about choosing a wedding dress, you can benefit from our years of experience. Pick up the phone and make an appointment with us – we will give you all the advice you need to help you choose a dress that is perfect for you!